Image via WikipediaEven though I'm looking to monitor and improve my food intake, there's nothing wrong with reminiscing over the best store-bought cookies from childhood.
Obviously, homemade cookies take the cake - so to speak, yet there are still tasty treats among the store aisles. Here are my all-time favorites. Please chime in with any I've missed.
10. Frosted Animal Crackers - this is a classic, gateway cookie to more decadent confections.
9. Fig Newtons - the idea behind them is gross but the execution is darn good.
8. Lorna Doone - short bread cookies at their overly-processed best!
7. Pecan Sandies - these are Lorna Doone's with chopped pecans, simply awesome!
6. Twix - this is the ringer of the bunch, some may argue it's a candy bar but it DOES have a cookie center.
5. Vienna Fingers - I don't even know what these are. I guess a vanilla crème something or other - all I know is they're tasty.
4. Chips Ahoy - rockin' chocolate chip goodness.
3. Pepperidge Farms (any variety) – ‘nuff said.
2. Oreos (any variety) - the chocolate dipped versions are a diabolical dose of deliciousness.
1. Nutter Butter - Must be the peanut-shaped PB sandwich cookie [see photo insert], NOT the wafer variety!!! All wafer cookies are evil.