The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Thursday, January 6, 2011

First WeightWatcher Weigh-in of the year.....

I went to my first WeightWatchers' weigh-in yesterday after rejoining the program on December 29, 2010.

As background, after months of “success” with the program last year losing more than 29 lbs. in total, I had taken a two-month hiatus from October through December and gained back 18.2 lbs. of what I had lost.

Despite that, I took the New Year plunge and followed the plan again, as well as walked every day and did additional supplemental workouts. And at yesterday’s weigh-in those efforts seemed to pay off....

...I dropped exactly -6.0 lbs!

I was pleased and thankful with that result, but I now know how easy it is for me to get derailed.  I also recognize that such a large loss is unusual and that future weekly losses are likely to be lower on average.

All I can say is that my mantra is “slow and steady.”

With that, I hope that there is less of me to write about next week’s.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your honesty and for your sake----I hope there's less of you too! My motto is "slow and steady wins the race."

    ReplyDelete