The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekly Weigh-In Download…

Within the past 48 hours, the greater DC area (which is where my family and I live) was slammed with all the weather buzz words “Cyclo-Genesis,” “Cloud Condensation Nuclei” and “Thunder Snow” as well as their actual meteorological manifestations – bottom line, Mother Nature dumped 8”-10’’ of snow  on us within a 7-hour period on Wednesday 1/26. 

That was the same day I went to weigh-in at WeightWatchers, but coping with the resultant weather postponed that intended blog post until today.

On Wednesday, I logged a loss of -1.8 lbs. for a total of -11.3 lbs since I rejoined WeightWatchers on 12/29/10.

While I’m happy with that result, it seems kind of silly talking about something so inconsequential since more than 150K people in the mid-Atlantic region are still without power due to downed electrical lines from the storm and several people have died from exposure.

Our neighborhood did not lose heat or electricity, but many of the surrounding areas were not so lucky and they have a long way to go before they're back to normal.  Recovering from such adversity takes time and persistence - which is similar to any type of self-improvement program or worthwhile project, including weight loss. So we'll keep moving forward.

That’ll do it for this week.  As always I hope there’s less of me to write about next week – two hours of shoveling heavy, wet snow yesterday should help in that respect (ouch)!

No comments:

Post a Comment