The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Lot to Worry About Along Side A Lot of Nonsense...

They Fight - We Lose
It seems that the looming legislative logjam in our nation’s capitol regarding a new budget may very well shut down the federal government – with the potential to cascade down to the state level and beyond.

Don’t be fooled. The main obstacles to an agreement are political – not substantive.  The story behind the story is simply a case of which party can do the most damage to the other party heading into the 2012 presidential and congressional elections.

That’s what’s driving this nonsense.

It’s akin to having two chefs in the kitchen bickering over who gets to flip my burger and serve it – while it’s charred to an inedible briquette and then it’s served on an over-priced bun with every condiment in the kitchen I didn’t order including maple syrup, ground coffee and jelly beans.  They both serve the “food” and they go back to the kitchen, fighting over who cooks the next meal.  But we all know who ends up paying for the nonsense.

I wish there was a line item for Sealy Posturpedic mattresses for every American, because all this political posturing is exhausting me – and I don’t think I’m the only one who feels that way.

I’d be curious to hear your thoughts?  Please also take the mini-survey I posted along the right-hand rail of this blog as to “Which threat Concerns You the Most?”

I wonder what residents of Japan think about all this in the aftermath of yesterday’s 7.4 aftershock that they had to endure.  My guess is that they’re worried about more substantive issues than fund raising, polling data and the New Hampshire primary.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to take your poll, but none of those concern me nearly as much as the food prices rising. Which, I suppose all the Government bickering and Jerry Springer-esque politics isn't helping- but oh, it worries me. I worry about how people will survive, I worry about if there will be food riots...which, I shouldn't worry but, I can't help thinking- while everyone's bickering, who is taking care of the very real issues at play here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rebuilding, thanks for stopping by and commenting! You hit issue right between the eyes, the real issue should not be poltical viability of a given candidate but should be people - which I alluded to with the Japan close. Thanks again for taking the time to stop by - I visited your site as well and voted for you in the MassChallenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, very well-written!! I'd vote for the mattresses too! :)
    Oh, and I visited your poll.

    ReplyDelete