The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Sunday, June 26, 2011

WeightWatchers Weigh-in Update...

It's been a while since I've given an update regarding my weight loss efforts - so I'll try to squeeze one in here (I'll just pretend I'm squeezing into a pair of skinny jeans.)

This past Thursday I was able to get to a much needed WeightWatchers' weigh-in, and I am happy to report that I was down -1.8 lbs. for a grand total weight loss to date of -26.8 lbs.

Oddly, whenever anyone finds out that I'm on WeightWatchers they give me the business about being vain or being fixated with my body due to the fact that I'm trying to lose weight.

At which point, I politely educate them about the fact that both my parents (who died before they were 65) were diabetic, hypertensive and genetically predisposed to other circulatory maladies (e.g. hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, HDL/LDL imbalances...etc.).

The bottom line is that I'm fighting against killer genetics and I need all the help I can get.

I choose WeightWatchers to ensure I have balanced and healthy LIVING habits the rest of my life, not just healthy eating habits. Additionally, I want to pass those habits along to my two preteen daughters. That's why I'm doing WW.

Hopefully my schedule will allow me to make it to weigh-in this coming week and there will be less of me to write about next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment