The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Top-10 Phrases From My Mom

My mom in her 20s
Last night I saw that one of my sisters had a collection of our mother's photos posted up on a Facebook page. The photo insert to the left, was always one of my favorites of my mom when I was growing up.

Our parents raised five children and would have celebrated their 45th anniversary last month had they both been alive. My father died of a heart attack in August 2006 and my mother died in a single-car crash in January 2004.

Even though I'm a grown 42-year old man with a family of my own, there are times when I miss them. I learned a lot from them both. 

Some of the biggest lessons I learned from them dealt with faith, love, family as well as dealing with their premature deaths. However, I also learned a lot of little lessons in every day interactions and sayings - particularly from my mother. Though her sayings were legion, here are some of the more memorable ones for me.

Top 10 Phrases Heard From My Mom

10. Make sure to change your underpants.
9. Is your homework done?
8. Did you leave the toilet up?
7. Don't cry, it's going to be alright.
6. Don't run with the scissors.
5. Don't cut your sister's hair with those scissors!!!
4. Close the refrigerator door, we're not air conditioning the house.
3. Go get me the stick!
2. Put your coat on, it's cold out there.
1. I love you, too!

Question: What were some of the phrases your mom was known for???

============================================================
**LOOK**  Win an Entire Jon Acuff Library - 3 books.


Congratulations to Monday's Winner: Matthew Walker (@ghostdontwalk). 

Don't be discouraged if you didn't win - the contest runs every day this week.
  
To enter do the following:
1.) comment on today's post
2.) "Share" it on Facebook OR "Tweet" it on Twitter - for Twitter please add the hashtag #torcon

Enter once-a-day; today's winner will be randomly drawn and announced tomorrow; this giveaway runs each day this week.

Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment