The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Friday, September 9, 2011

3 Questions Regarding 9/11 and You....

Image of Firefighters at Ground Zero  

As we all know, this coming Sunday marks the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on our country. Here are three questions about that day that I'd like you to answer in the comments section.

1. Where were you on Tuesday, September 11th 2001 when you found out about the attacks?
I was working for Frontier Communications, a telephone/Internet service company in Rochester New York, as the Director of Corporate Communications.  I was in a one-on-one meeting with a colleague, Kevin Beatson, discussing a marketing plan for a new product we were rolling out when a woman, Amy Flagler, burst into our meeting saying a plane had crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers. We stopped what we were doing and joined the executive team in the office of our company President Martin Mucci to watch the news and see the second plane fly into the other tower, both towers collapse and learn about the planes that went down in Pennsylvania and into the Pentagon.

2. How did 9/11 change you?
The surreal experience and magnitude of this tragedy changed me forever, and it impressed upon me the frailty and value of human life.

3. Did you attend a religious service that following weekend? Will you this weekend?
My wife and I didn't have children at the time. We went to two prayer vigils that week, church on the weekend and weekly services ever since. We will attend this Sunday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment