The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day of Destiny: (pardon the hyperbole) It's WeightWatchers Weigh-in Day!

It's Wednesday, so that means it's weigh-in day at the local WeightWatchers meeting here in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I've done well with the nutritional eating part of the plan this past week, but didn't log as many running miles as I'd like. However, I was able to walk at least 10,000 steps each day - so that's solid progress.

As far as keeping track of daily steps, I've had several pedometers that I've used but the best one is the Omron HJ720 pictured here. It's great because it captures both running and walking steps (many pedometers don't); it also works if it's being carried in a pocket, or attached to the included lanyard or belt clip and it comes with a nifty software program to track your progress. Additionally, it's VERY durable - I've dropped it a couple times while running with no apparent damage to the unit.

Hopefully, the activity output exceeded my gastro-input for the week...we'll see at weigh-in.

2 comments:

  1. Is your mid-week weigh-in in the morning, or afternoon/evening?

    Here, the Saturday AM meetings have gotten so large as to be almost unwieldy in terms of interaction, etc.
    -bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. The location I go to usually has 2-3 options a day: early am, lunch time or after work. I've attending the noon sessions pretty consistently, but I'm traveling today so I'll weigh-in tomorrow. If my flight was a few hours later, I would have found a weigh-in center here in Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete