The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Friday, May 14, 2010

Possibly the Best Photographer I Know - and She Sits Next to Me @ Work


I work with a lot of great people at MedImmune, a biotechnology company based in Maryland that is a subsidiary of AstraZeneca, Inc., and one of the more intriguing individuals is a woman named Perla Copernik.

She speaks a handful of different languages, has traveled extensively around that world and she also happens to be a top-notch communications professional. But one of the most interesting things about Perla is that she has a sideline photography business. Since her office is right next to mine, I get to see the strikingly vivid, beautiful images that are packed onto her workspace walls.


She has a great eye for lighting, color, composition and subject - all necessary elements of artistic photography. I've embedded a sample image here of a picture she crafted from the local Korean War Veterans Memorial. If you'd like to see more - check out her blog under my blog list to the right. Your eyes will thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Boy, than you, my picture looks incredible in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perla is one of the greatest pictures capturing of our century .
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Perla is really something...but of all her qualities our favorite is that she is a wonderful daughter!
    Thank you very much for your post.

    Michel & Sonia Copernik

    ReplyDelete