The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back on Track With WeightWatchers and Why I'm Doing It.....

After last week's "zero" pounds result at WeightWatchers weigh-in, I was a little apprehensive.

I wasn't sure what this week's result would be, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was down -1.4 lbs today for a total loss of -24.2 lbs. since my initial joining back on April 7th. 

Here's my progression, followed by my reason for doing the program at all.
Week 1: -4.8 lbs
Week 2: -3.2 lbs
Week 3: -1.0 lbs
Week 4: -3.4 lbs
Week 5: -3.6 lbs
Week 6: -2.2 lbs
Week 7: -1.2 lbs
Week 8: -2.4 lbs
Week 9: -1.2 lbs
Week 10: -0.0 lbs
Week 11: -1.4 lbs

That averages out to -2.20 lbs per week, which I'm happy with because down is good.  Oddly, when I return to the office from weigh-in, I'm continually chided by co-workers who seem indignant that I'm on the WeightWatchers program. 

I politely educate them about the fact that both my parents (who died before they were 65) were diabetic, hypertensive and genetically predisposed to other circulatory maladies (e.g. hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, HDL/LDL imbalances...etc.) - I'm fighting against killer genetics and I need all the help I can get.

The bottom line is that I'm doing WeightWatchers to ensure I have healthy LIVING habits the rest of my life, not just healthy eating habits. 

That'll do it for today; hopefully there will be less of me to write about next week.

2 comments: