The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

You Can't Make This Stuff Up....

The image of competitive eater, Takeru Kobayas...Image via Wikipedia
On July 4th, I posted a story about Nathan's Annual Hot Dog eating contest, and how serious competitive eating has become.

These professional chow hounds have strict training regimens; collective bargaining agreements; agents and a professional eating league.

Apparently they have truly made it to the big time...needing top legal counsel as well. Ex-hot dog eating champ, Takeru Kobayashi (see photo insert) was taken into custody for crashing the Independence Day gourmand competition - click here for the CNN.com story about the arrest.

Kobayashi was banned from participating that day due a contractual dispute with Major League Eating - too bad he couldn't eat his contractual words! Regardless, I'm sure he ate well in the NYPD lockup.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to my good buddy Dan Wilkins for notifying of the "breaking news" surrounding Takeru's arrest - it came me another reason to write about the craziness that is competitive eating!

    ReplyDelete