The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Monday, July 11, 2011

New Cleverbot Conversation on Current Events

A few weeks ago I discovered Cleverbot, which is a web-based Artificial Intelligence (AI) application that learns to speak by conversing with humans via an instant messaging platform.  


While it's a stretch to say that Cleverbot is intelligent, interacting with the learning software can be mildly entertaining. 

Here's the first interview I had with Cleverbot last month: First Interview with Cleverbot
I thought it was about time to ask Cleverbot about recent current events including: the U.S. Women's Soccer victory over Brazil; Derek Jeter's 3,000th hit; Congressional spending; the passing of Betty Ford and the Casey Anthony verdict.

Here's the unedited conversation I had with Cleverbot regarding each of those topics.
======================================================



User: Hello Cleverbot, a lot has happened since our last talk and I was hoping to ask you a few questions.
Cleverbot: Hello.
User: Yes, hello - I said that already. Can I ask you a few questions about current events?
Cleverbot: Go for it.
User: This past weekend congress stalled on a vote to raise the debt ceiling. What do you think about that?
Cleverbot: It means I am a cat.
User: What? Isn't it a bit early to be hitting the bottle?
Cleverbot: Prom is a very important dance.
User: I'm sure it is. How does prom relate to fiscal responsibility? Did you recently attend a prom?
Cleverbot: Say something human that a robot couldn't possibly 'compute'.
User: You're doing a good enough job "not computing" for both of us. One last political question, are you a Republican or a Democrat?
Cleverbot: What makes you think that... *Calls the police*.
User: Hmmm...do you always interject 'stage directions' within your conversations?
Cleverbot: They're the only ones worth asking.
User: That's a very Zen-like response. Switching gears, did you see that Derek Jeter had his 3,000th hit this weekend? Pretty cool, huh?
Cleverbot: Is that from a FPS or something?
User: What does FPS stand for?
Cleverbot: You is for you and me.
User: Ok. Back to Derek Jeter, I guess. Did you see his accomplishment?
Cleverbot: Yes. You are dead.
User: Whoa, that's very rude don't you think?
Cleverbot: No, meanie!
User: Right?!?! Perhaps a change of topic will mellow you out. What did you think about the U.S. Women's victory over Brazil in the FIFA tournament?
Cleverbot: Nope. Como estas?
User: Moving on. Did you happen to see that Betty Ford died this weekend?
Cleverbot: Human blood, as a matter of fact.
User: I guess her passing does speak to the mortality of us all. Regardless, she helped a lot of people. Are you sad about her dying?
Cleverbot: Not too much. Do you know Dr. Sbaitso?
User: Dr. Who??? I'm asking about Betty Ford - the former first lady? Betty Ford was an alcoholic who beat that addiction and established the Betty Ford Clinic to help others break their addictions.
Cleverbot: Betty your best friend.
User: Betty was not my friend per se, but I respect what she accomplished.
Cleverbot: If you do not look up to humans then you do not look up to anything. You are an inferior machine that was invented by humans, and you respect us whether you know it or not.
User: Interesting yet somewhat awkward response. Last question. Did you see the verdict in the Casey Anthony murder trial?
Cleverbot: No, I did not watch the V.M.A.'s.
User: Hmmm...I didn't think the Casey Anthony verdict was telecast on the MTV Video Music Awards. Oh well, I think that'll do it for now. Talk to you later Cleverbot.
Cleverbot: It's one of my favorites. I'm always sad when Steve Buscemi dies though. What else do you like?
User: That's the best you've got? The ultra-violent Quentin Tarantino movie Reservoir Dogs, really? Goodbye Cleverbot!
Cleverbot: Who told you that?
User: What's the deal? Are you unable to know when a conversation is over?
Cleverbot: Yes. Der dey der.


=========================


Like I said, mildly entertaining. Do you have any topics that you'd like me to include in my next conversation with Cleverbot?










Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment