The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Monday, September 19, 2011

5 Things About Your Childhood....

This marks the 350th blog post I've written since this blog began in June 2010. Most of what I've written has been about my family and me.

Interesting, a lot of who we have become as adults is derived from our experiences as a kid. As such, I'm curious to find out the following five things about your childhood that you can answer in the comments:

1. How many kids were in your family growing up?
2. What's a favorite childhood game or way to play that you recall?
3. What was your favorite book or book series as a child and why?
4. If you watched TV, what was your favorite program?
5. Share one tradition your family observed or celebrated?



To get you started here are my answers....
1. There were five kids in our family. I have two older sisters as well as a younger sister and brother.
2. Playing army men with my buddies Tommy Raider and Danny Wilkins.
3. When I was nine, I started The Lord of the Rings - it's sweeping scope and scale changed my way of thinking and looking at the world as a kid.
4. In the late 1970s and early 1980s, my favorite show was the original Battlestar Galactica (the new one was great too!)
5. On Saturdays, my dad will griddle either pancakes, french toast or grilled peanut butter/jelly sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment