The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Musings....

Coming off a great, weekend that energized my faith and focus here is a collection of random thoughts and happenings I'd like to share:
  • My masculinity has been completely restored thanks to my wife and daughters who bought me a stainless steel grill for Father's Day. Since we relocated here four years ago, we've been grill-less for a variety of reasons - but no more! What's your best grilling tip?
  • While knocking down a hornet's nest in our garage, I got stung on my face. It hurt like heck at first but I completely forgot about it until I started writing here. What's the worst thing that's ever bitten or stung you? 
  • I'm a big Matt Damon fan and we watched one of his most recent releases titled Hereafter. All I can say is that it was ploddingly slow and anti-climactic. I hope the Adjustment Bureau (which is released on DVD tomorrow) is better. What movie was the biggest disappointment you've seen? 
  • Check out this Haiku Father's Day poem from our 9-year old daughter:
Tickler and runner,
Loves to write and likes the color blue.
Is a father of two girls,
You always know what to do!
Loves to read and is smart.
Tries not to get mad,
And is writing his own book.
This makes my Dad!
  • Lastly, here's a Father's Day poem from our 7-year old daughter:
You are as strong as super steel.
You are as smart as the smartest teacher.
You are as handsome as a mighty prince.
I love you more than I've ever loved anything in the whole world!

How does that not make you smile? 

No comments:

Post a Comment