The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Reshaping Your Personal Vision...Literally

This weekend marked a milestone in the life of our 9-year old who has had to wear glasses at school since the first grade. This weekend she got contact lenses, but not plain old run-of-the-mill contacts - she got special corneal refractive therapy (CRT) lenses that she only wears while sleeping.

These safe, healthy and revolutionary lenses actually reshape the surface of the eye while the wearer is asleep, in much the same way that sleeping with an oral retainer can reshape your teeth. Check out this video from Paragon, the makers of these technically advanced lenses.




As the video describes, these special lenses are worn while sleeping. When our daughter gets up in the morning she takes them out and goes the entire day without any type of vision correction - no glasses, no contacts of any kind - yet with perfect 20/20 vision.

Today was her fourth day with this lenses reshaping process and she loves the freedom she's now afforded to swim, play, ride bikes - anything.

Her new found elation and inspiration about life, pricked my conscience about areas of my own life where I need to "reshape my vision" metaphorically speaking. The "fields of vision" that most readily need reshaping right now are my faith, general fitness and commitment to a few peripheral projects I'm working on.

As I assess and work on reshaping my personal vision, in the hopes of the freedom it will provide, are there any areas in your own life that need reshaping?

No comments:

Post a Comment