In the waning hours of 2010 there are several achieveable, personal resolutions that I purpose to pursue in 2011 including:
- making five blog posts each week; GRADE: C+ (I started out slow, but I'm gaining steam in this area)
- finishing my first book; GRADE: A (This bad boy is done and will be launched this November)
- finally eliminating all of our credit card debt; GRADE: B+ (So far, this year we've paid down more than $30K in consumer debt including my car. We're on track to be debt-free in 2011)
- spending one night a week playing games with my family; GRADE: C- (While I do spend a lot of time playing with my daughters, it's not specifically playing games - I need to improve)
- going on a date with my wife at least once a week; GRADE: D- (Nuts!!!! This is a glaring weakness that I need to focus attention on, we've only had a handful of date nights this year and that just won't cut it)
- running at least 20 miles every seven days GRADE: A (Now this is a problem, I'm logging hours on the road - sacrificing dates with my wife and games with my girls. That's got to change.)
- and striving to walk an average of 10,000 steps each day. GRADE: B (I'm averaging about 8.5K steps a day - not great, but not bad)
When you average all of those together, my total New Year's resolution GRADE is a B , six months into the year. That's ok, but I'm totally bummed about date night with the wife (whom I deeply love) and gaming with the kiddos.
Any tips on good date night ideas would be appreciated and games that would be fun for kids ages 7-10. Thanks!
That'll do it until next week's update, hopefully there will be less of me to write about!