The Daily ReTORt

My photo
I'm no longer posting here. Visit my new blog -> WWW.THEDAILYRETORT.COM

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Weighing myself and holiday weekend options....

Yesterday was my weekly scheduled weigh-in at WeightWatchers and I'm happy to report that I was down another -1.6 lbs. for a grand total weight loss of -28.4 lbs. Things are trending in the right direction. 


However, I know myself and from past experience a small speed bump - such as a holiday weekend fete - can grind to a halt my efforts to eat healthfully. 
Yesterday's meeting suggested two options to choose:

  1. Strive to maintain your current weight.
  2. Stay on track and continue efforts to lose more.

There are challenges to both, but I'm going to work to continue to lose by committing to the following:

  • Running at least four miles every day this weekend (Friday through Monday);
  • Overload on grilled vegetables as a first option - this should make me feel fuller, so I'm inclined to eat less of less healthful options;
  • Choose only fresh fruit and fruit salads as dessert options - this is the toughest for me, but because I'm writing here I have to follow through.

So that's my plan, hopefully I'll be able to stick to it and there will be less of me to write about next week!


Do you have any similar eating plans or suggestions for this holiday weekend? Are holidays the time you can "legally" cheat?


Read why I'm fighting to lose weight -> click here

No comments:

Post a Comment